1/4″ FFL outlet x 1/4″ MFL Inlet Disconnect Check Valve – Stainless Steel (C2170)
Use this check valve ( Backflow Preventer/Check Valve ) on Gas in disconnect with MFL thread (on Corny kegs). Its internal mechanism prevents accidental back-flow of beer into the gas line. This Gas disconnect check valve is of Stainless steel material. This part was originally known as Double Check Valves by Chudnow ( original # S470D )
- Suitable for Post-Mix Carbonated Beverages and other dispensing equipment for tea and coffee.
- 1/4″ stainless steel check valve.
- Perfect for Vertical or horizontal installation this gives additional convenience and ease to multi-application
- 100% stainless steel construction with stainless steel 304 internal parts.
- Permanent marking shows flow direction
- manufacturers part# C2170 shown on Body of ball check valve.
- This is Only High-quality Stainless steel backflow preventer for carbonated beverages.
Note on threads
MFL and FFL fittings are simply a type of compression. The M in MFL and the F in FFL simply stand for Male and Female. the benefit of flared fittings is the seal that is created when the fittings are tightened as the seal is not created by the thread, but by the contact between the two flared (or chamfered) surfaces. The male and female parts are generally made with a 45-degree flare giving the connection a solid contact surface and prevent the need for thread tape or sealant.
These fittings are generally referred to as 1/4″ MFL and 1/4″ FFL, however, the 1/4″ designation is not 100% accurate – the actual thread size of these fittings is 7/16″-20UNF.