Airlock with Small Universal Stopper – Set of 2
Available on backorder
Same Day Shipping
Order before 2:00 pm EST (M-F)
Airlock with Small Universal Stopper – Set of 2 (C6521)
Fermentation lock or airlock is a device that provides a one way route to gases. It allows carbon dioxide released during fermentation to escape from the carboy while not allowing air to enter back in. This prevents oxidation.
Rubber stoppers with a drilled hole sits on the mouth of the carboy and an airlock is fitted over it.
This is a Set of 2 – 3 piece airlock that comes with two stoppers for mounting them as well.
Every brewer knows the importance of this seemingly small piece of equipment involved in the brewing process – the Airlock. A fermentation lock or airlock is a device that provides a one-way route to gases. Yeast needs the right amount of temperature, oxygen and other conditions to function at its best. During beer fermentation, the step needs to use Airlock. It allows only a one-way gas exchange. It allows carbon dioxide released during fermentation to escape from the carboy while not allowing air to enter back in. This prevents oxidation.
- Universal Carboy Stopper for 3, 5, 6 and 6.5 Gallon Glass Carboy
- Airlocks are made of plastic and the stopper is of rubber
- Use with carboys during beer fermenting.
- Set of two small rubber stoppers with airlocks.
Option Available: C6517
Warnings / Instructions
- Important information – Prop. 65 for CA Residents. Proposition 65 Warning: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.