As the most ordered cocktail in the world, the classic Margarita has been one of the most popular cocktails in America for years and still remains on top.
The simple mixture of tequila, triple sec, and lime juice is often blended with ice but is traditionally served on the rocks. Once you find an ideal balance of flavor, you’ll realize just how delicious a fresh margarita is and why it’s hard to justify buying a bottled margarita mix.
The perfect margarita is all about fresh, crisp flavors.
The cocktail is generally presented in a salt-rimmed glass.
This classic margarita is the best margarita recipe you’ll ever make! Made with 3 simple ingredients, it’s the perfect balance of tequila, triple sec, and lime juice that makes a crisp and refreshing drink every single time. Margaritas are timeless. Whether you’re making a pitcher of margaritas for you and your friends to enjoy poolside, a drink to accompany your favorite tacos, or a couple of glasses to celebrate. Every occasion is worthy of a good margarita.
It’s like a vacation in a glass, and you can mix it up in moments.
- 1 lime wedge, plus 2 lime wheels for garnish
- 1 tablespoon coarse/ Kosher salt, for glass rims
- 4 ounces (120ml) high-quality Blanco tequila
- 2 ounces (60ml) triple sec, such as Cointreau
- 1 1/2 ounces (45ml) fresh juice from 2 limes
- Salt your glass: Run the lime wedge around the outer rims of 2 rocks glasses and dip rims in salt. Fill the glass with some fresh ice and set aside
- Put together all Ingredients: In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, Cointreau, and lime juice. Fill with ice and shake until thoroughly chilled, about 15 seconds.
- Strain the Margarita: Fill glasses with fresh ice and strain the margarita into both glasses.
- Garnish and serve: Garnish with lime wheels and serve. Enjoy!
This recipe works best with high-quality tequila. If you’re using a budget brand that’s a little harsh, swap the proportions for the Cointreau and lime juice and add 1/4 ounce of simple syrup to each drink.
Recipe Variations :
- Classic margaritas
- Frozen margaritas
- Fruity margaritas
- Skinny margaritas
- Uniquely-flavored margaritas
Tips to Make the Best Margaritas
- Keep your tequila in the freezer so the margaritas are nice & cold without extra ice.
- Always shake your margaritas with ice before serving (no stirring!). Cocktail Shaker is the best cocktail tool to make Margaritas
- Mix in a bit of lime zest with the salted rim of your glasses.
- Make your own lime juice by squeezing fresh limes.
- Try some fun, flavored salts on the rim of your glass!